« Home | On the Functionality of Man-Made Devices » | Welcome to the home of the "Nonversation" » 

Monday, April 10, 2006 

On Invisible Hot Dogs

This nonversation took place at the Landmark Sunshine movie theatre on East Houston Street. On our way into the theatre Bobby and I stopped just near the consession stand. He stopped to look at the menu. Behind the counter was a middle age man, waiting patiently for Bobby's order.

Vendor: Can I help you?
Bobby: With what?
Vendor: (a bit confused) I don't know.
Bobby: Well, this was your idea. You must have some idea what you wanted to help me with.

A brief pause.

Bobby: Maybe I'll have a hot dog, (he looks around) Where are they? Do you have hot dogs?
Vendor: Yes.
Bobby: Well I can't see them.
Vendor: Well, they're not invisible hot dogs.
Bobby: I know that genius, but where are they? Are they out back or in your pocket?
Vendor: They're in the freezer.
Bobby: (walking away) No, I don't want a frozen hot dog.

We walk away from the consession stand.

Bobby: I'm not paying four dollars for a frozen hot dog.
Me: It['s all a bit much (I wasn't talking about the hot dogs).

Written Monday, April 10, 2006 by J.R.Knight.